Thursday, August 7, 2008

Chicken dance?

Revelation 31:45: it is almost impossible to find a whole chicken in Japan. I’ve hunted every store and supermarket but all the chicken found are surgically dissected, mummified under clear wrap and anatomically selected for “your convenience”… convinced I’m mistaken due to my limited Nihongo and lack of local knowledge; I brought up this daft topic at one of our beer garden boozing with my Japanese friend. “ahhh, good question… I’ve never seen a whole chicken myself too… HAHAHA!” she croaked nearly choking on her beer… NOW THAT IS CREEPY! How the fuck do we know those stuff they packed WERE really chicken? And how the fuck am I to whip up Hainanese Chicken Rice???

Note to self 7:11: young Japanese don’t necessarily make the best groceries/provisions consultant, Kiwi shall not jump to conclusion that Japanese chicken are manufactured by parts which totally circumvented the assembly line. New mission on hand à operation fowl stalker!

Author’s note 11:42: hate to make u read about my fascination with em’ birds, but then as a true Singaporean, please appreciate this new connotation to “talking-COCK”…

No comments: